Day 9

Got "Bach book" from the public domain at the recommendation of piano Reddit as the beginner / warm up series. Started crawling my way through the first song of First Lessons Of Bach, Minuet in G Major, which is a pleasant classic melody that might have been, in fact, a bit annoyingly pleasant depending on how many times you've heard of this tune from where (for me it's the bloody commercials).

I prefer practicing to a genuine melody than a robotic finger exercise like Hanon. Actually I almost fell for Hanon practice, thinking that I need to brute force my finger finesse, but it'll really only turn you into a robot instead of augmenting your musicality as a creature with a soul. It's still good for very specific technique practice, but without a personal musical goal it's moot.

I've read from a book on piano practice that pretty much every repertoire is a project management undertaking. I also have to admit that my inferior extroverted thinking from my MBTI personality type is most likely being very hyper lately, to make me obsessed with seeing everything as a project management. It's not a bad thing - I just hope I can calm it down before bed time so that I can actually sleep.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 7

Day 4

Day 8